You are here: Parishes and Monasteries → North Carolina Parishes → Ss. Constantine and Helen (Fayetteville)
Saints Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Church in Fayetteville, NC, was established in 1957 with 40 families. The founding members were Nick & Steve Fasul, John Moutos, John Lampros, Pete Vournakes, Gus Kanos, Jim Masouras, Harry Kalevas, James D. Lampros, Bill S. Pappas, Steve Pappas, Nick Psillos, Pete & Vic Parrous, Gus & John Poulos, Arthur Samanis, Gus Stylides, Tom Vlachos, Pete Skenteris, Mike Boosalis, Tom Koutouzis, Steve Fermanides, Bill Kanos, K.D. Hondros, Steve Dimos, Peter Chrisafis, George Katsoudas, and Cleo Katsoudas. The first meeting place for the parish was at the current Fort Bragg Road site of Honeycutt Recreation Center. In 1961 services moved to the Hellenic Center at the present location, and the church was later constructed at that site. In the future the parish hopes to acquire the adjacent lot and provide a major renovation of the Hellenic Center and add a gymnasium. Saints Constantine & Helen originally served members in Fayetteville, and now serves faithful from Moore, Hoke, Robeson, and Sampson counties.
The mission of Saints Constantine & Helen is “to edify the Greek Orthodox faithful in Fayetteville while spreading the message of Orthodoxy to those who seek the true church.” The parish provides monthly catechism classes that are open to everyone and publicized in the newspaper; participates in feeding programs run by the state, county, and Salvation Army; and offers visible presence at every interfaith gathering and celebration. Two fundraisers, the Greek Festival and the Spaghetti Dinner are held annually, portions of which help local charities.
Saints Constantine & Helen was recently acknowledged by the Fayetteville Human Relations Commission as the Faith Community which best promoted human relations and outreach to the greater community. Under the leadership of Father Konstantinos Kostaris, the 177 families of the parish desire to be known as the community that puts faith into action.
To visit the parish website, please click here.